WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
The Pilbara is a ruggedly beautiful place but due to its location, it can be terribly isolating for those in need. REACH US – Pilbara lnc.’s mission is bringing ancillary support services to those battling Cancer who live in the Pilbara region. We provide support services in Dampier, Karratha, Port and South Hedland, Tom Price, Newman, Paraburdoo, Pannawonica and Onlsow. The services available in each town are dependent on available service providers and can vary at times.
Whether you are newly diagnosed, battling Cancer or a loved one offering support, REACH US – Pilbara Inc. can help.
It’s important to us that family units remain together during treatment.
- In-home meal preparation
Family Counselling Services
- Children and Family Units
- Monthly face to face support group held in Dampier
- An online Facebook Support Group which anyone diagnosed with cancer in the Pilbara can search and join (REACH US – Pilbara Inc. – Cancer support Group)
- Flight costs for family members that are not covered by PATS.
- Airport collection and drop off
WHY REACH US
Tragically, in an 11 month period during 2016, 94 new patients were referred to the Pilbara Cancer Nurse.
This means that on average, there is a new Cancer diagnosis every 3 days within the Pilbara. If these patients lived in the Metro area, help would be readily available and free of charge.
Sadly, the statistics show that those diagnosed in regional areas, do not have the same prognosis outcomes as those living within the Metro areas; which is why our support is so important.